RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-SKY LAMA 2 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 05:37 PM
helmutk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Sky Lama 2

ORIGINAL: GTX SlotCar

I think it needs more pitch on the top rotor or less on the bottom, but I'm not sure. Does that sound like the right way to you? I might try making the top blades wider by taping some paper extender on them just to see it helps, then I'll know what to work with. Maybe shaving a mm off the bottom blade width will help.
I haven't seen the pot on the 4 in 1, but I'm not sure I want to play around with it. There may also be additional trim pots in the transmitter, but I haven't taken that apart either. Regardless, any changes made with electronic trim can only slow down one motor, and that means less performance. The right way to fix it would be to play with blade pitch.

I haven't balanced or tracked the blades yet. I'll have to wait until I get home so I can tape a blade to track them (they need it), but the Lama is pretty stable right now. The LiPo is a little tight in the battery holder, too. So far, it's the only problems I can see with it. It's a blast to fly.

Did you get yours on eBay? $75 + $30 shipping?
What is the other forum you got info from?
As some have recently told me you don't have to mess with the rotor pitch to get the rudder trimmed. Adjust the pot on the "4in1" controller. Will have to remove the canopy to get to it. Remember the adjustment does not take affect untill you remove power from the controller and re-connect it. Did the trick for me.

I got mine from www.HobbyJapan2000.com , paid about $140 shipped, 2-4 day delivery.
There was no current $75 ebay auction for the E-Sky Lama 2.
RCGroups is the other forum I follow.