RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 11-16-2005, 12:02 PM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: Bob Laine

Chris, Not trying to offend anyone with secrecy. But I've learned a couple of things over the past few years.

This is what I've learned over the past few years.

1. A good design that is successful WILL be copied, especially in China. I don't want the same thing to happen as did with the 87" Yak where other companies had my plane to market before I did. At least this way I know I will receive at least one shipment of a new design before it is copied.

First off, The "Yak," was a "Russian" designed aircraft, Not an "Extream Flight," designed aircraft. You only adapted it For the RC.

2. It is futile to try to predict for people when a plane will be in stock. Once it is on the water and I have received confirmation of this from the freight forwarder I know for sure they are on the way. Do you know how many times I have answered,"When will the 87" Yaks be in stock?" The only answer I could give was "I don't know". That makes me feel like an idiot and I'm sure puts some people off. I want to avoid this in the future.

I agree with this statement completely. In the future....Don't tell us when the planes are on the ship, tell us when the planes are in stock and being shipped. I remember wwhen the "Planes were coming in TWO waves, by AIR & by SEA

I am putting everything I have into this venture, and I've got to make it work. I have taken a beating financially over the past few years and often questioned continuing to do
this. Many times I've had to borrow money from my fiance' to pay the warehouse rent or my truck payment.

That's what most people who want to go into business have to do. It takes capital for any new company that is formed. Some, even have to borrow for their edcutation and work part time job's while they go to college.

I am about 6 months away from finishing up on a bachelor's degree in telecommunications management and computer networking at DeVry and it would be so easy to finish up and look for an IT job. But this is my passion, it's what I love and I'll do everything possible to make it work.

I suggest that you use that "telecommunications" degree, to communicate with you customers in a more timely fashion than you have in the past. their are lot of people discouraged now because they've been waiting for an airplane that will never arrive.

OK Guy's............Bring it on (just stateing my opinion)

I gotta say, you come off as an *****
Keep posting so all can see