RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rollin' my own 50CC Yak 54
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Brent G
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rollin' my own 50CC Yak 54

John

I now have about 80 flights on that plane. The plane flies great with a saito 100 at 8.25 lbs all up. I am taking some of design features of that plane and I am incorporating them into the yak. The other plane is my new scratch built Edge 540 with a DA50. It is a copy of an AeroWorks Edge. I made some changes like adding 200 sq!QUOT! of wing. 20% larger air-foiled stab and elevator. I moved the stabilizer down to the thrust line trying to improve the knife edge coupling. That worked great, knife edge flight is almost rudder only with no mixing.

The engine is the mvvs 26 gas. I will be running it with the tuned pipe made for that engine. Before I can get started on the yak I need the engine and pipe so I can design the tunnel.
Are you making your own cowl. I haven't decided if I will make a plug and mold like I have done for my other builds. I may just buy a QQ yak cowl for $40 and save a lot of work.

The Yak will have the things I liked about my most recent projects as well as some other new things I want to try.

Brent
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17155.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	355462   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89727.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	355463