RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rollin' my own 50CC Yak 54
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 06:34 PM
SydDythers
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rollin' my own 50CC Yak 54

Ok, made some progress albeit somewhat limited. I've cleaned up the cad file so that everything is in perfect alignment. I want to jig build this so it is crucial that everything is as close to centered as possible right from the get go. I lengthened the fuse somewhat from the previous pictures. I wanted to get close to a 1:1 geometery between the wings and fuse and it was something like 1.3 to 1 based on the scale version. It's now down to about 1.1 to 1.

As it is now, the wingspan will be 86 inches and have a total wing area of around 1550 Sq In (including belly of fuse). The fuselage will be 78 inches. I may need to lengthen it a bit further though to prevent a nose heavy situation. To compare, the EF yak has an 87" wing and 85" fuse with wing area at 1450 Sq In.

This picture shows that I will have round and elliptical formers that wrap around a "box" structure which serves as the main support structure for the engine box and landing gear. This is pretty much what the EF yak does too.

Cheers,

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50778.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	355948