RCU Forums - View Single Post - opinions about BME engines
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 08:03 PM
EXCAP232
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: opinions about BME engines

I have run a BME-50 this season on a rather heavy Staudacher. It pulled well early in the season when new and kept getting stronger as the run in was completed. It literally jerks the plane into the air. Looking foreward to putting it into a CA Extra that's on the board. A used BME-44 ran for 11 flights and wouldn't start. After tracing the problem to the carb I called and left a message on the machine at BME yesterday afternoon. I received a call and had an informative and plesant conversation with Keith today. I also have a 102 that will be going into a plane over the winter. When you build there is a need to keep the weight foreward since these engines are light. Adding weight to a plane doesn't make it fly better if it's dead weight. Mount rudder servos in the center as one ounce in the tail needs 4 oz in the nose to balance. Bigger flies better and lighter also adds to the equasion. I have witnessed a specially lightend Carden 35% plane with a BME under the control of Branwell McClory do some amazing things. With the availability of new ARF's being built very light fun will be just installing a light engine and having a ball.

Try one. I think you will be pleased.

EXCAP232