RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything Radial Engines
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 09:55 PM
chasrb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Everything Radial Engines

Alpal, the forum is just sleeping right now, getting into the last quarters of the year and too much left to do and that leaves less time for the forum and talking about the planes and engines.

The only place you will really see any radials is in the OS, Saito, RCS, Moki type lines. They will mostly be the three and five cyl setups. The 7 and 9 and even 14 and up are more boutique in nature and you will have to look for them to find them. In this forum and some others in the Radial engine thread, you will fine the names and contact numbers for the 7 and up cyl engines. Myself, I own a Seidel ST710 and it is as beautiful as it is scale in appearance. If you get one you’ll see what I mean!

Without a doubt there is sticker shock when you look at this level of engine design, but when you get down to it its on par with the Jet engines that are out. The price is worth the pride and feel you’ll get when the airframe is complete the engine is mounted up and then, the first time you flip it over as one unit and send it into the sky…Just ask Cybertom…look at the videos/links he has placed on the forum. There is nothing like it…