RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 11-19-2005, 06:44 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

I wouldn't know why... when he does post publicly he gets his hind end chewed, drawn and quartered and roasted on a spit.

Truth is... Chris really SHOULDN'T be posting in a forum such as this because it allows way too much opportunity for that kind of garbage.

This also isn't a place to "put me on the list". This isn't Chris' forum, and isn't his storefront.

If you want to give him a piece f your mind... than call him. You can be sure he'll hear you out. He'll tell you what he can, keep secret what he must and put you on a list IF he so chooses to start one at this or any time.

This whole LIST thing got out of hand to begin with... and to be honest Chris is partially to blame.

The whole list idea was NOT Chris'... it was OURS. WE literally took control of his ordering process because we were so worried we wouldn't get in on the first batch. And (as it turned out) were smart to want to do so. We were WRONG... we had no business demanding we were taken in any kind of order. Get on a list for the next new Hangar9 or GP offering... you'll be laughed out the door... others will put you on a "list" and charge a deposit up front.

Chris is a real nice guy... a regular fellow... and when all these people clamored to be on the "list" of course he tried to appease everyone. Afterall... it somehow made sense to him and could possibly give him an idea of how many he needed.

But he never took a dime for deposit. Not until planes were within a week or so of being shipped did he call for deposit. Even with all the "listees" when it was all said and done he STILL had stock for a few guys who called after they came in.... no waiting list....

It wasn't until everyone SAW how awesome these things were in the hands of endusers that the "list" skyrocketed to 1000 or more. And to be fair... not a SINGLE person on the "list" now has paid one red cent toward owning the Yak. If you bought all your goodies fo the plane ahead of time, then well... YOU toook it upon yourself to do so. And in the case of DA50's you did so YOU oculd get your hands on an engine that is often NOT IN STOCK. So again... we our driven by our wants... and our "I want it NOWs." We're a bunch of freakin' babies when it comes to our touys... MYSELF INCLUDED....

Now think about it... it sure would seem that if Chris COULD have delivered another 1000 yaks that he WOULD have? My goodness we are talking showing a profit for once.

So now he's got all these people wanting what he THOUGHT he had coming. Now he doesn't...

Now if he was to tell the truth and state that to bring the Yak to market starting over with another factory would take maybe until July or August of next year how many would "stay on the list"? Especially when there are several out there now IN STOCK and more coming to market?

OR he can bring this new plane to market by spring, have a new "latest and greatest" and PERHAPS still have a shipment of Yaks come late summer... again, I don't know if he burned his bridges with the latest manufacturer (somehow I don't think he did) it's feasile he could get 500-1000 Yaks from them by end of summer 2006.

Truth is... if enough of you guys simply call or e-mail him, and tell him how dissappointed you are in the turn of events, but that you still are wanting the original EF Yak, he's MUCH more likely to get more in, than having people scream bloody murder. Believe me.... nobody wanted to deliver you ALL Yaks more than Chris.

SO again... if you have a beef, a word of encouragement, a hope to squeeze out the identity of the new plane (dream on), or a sincere wish to see an 87" Yak in YOUR hangar. Call him or e-mail him. And do it BEFORE the end of the year when he'll be gone to his own factory, training people to build planes HIS way and helping to bring the first batch of what's destined to be the next great thing to our doors.

ORIGINAL: wgeffon

ORIGINAL: islandflyer

To be a little more accurate in my expressed dissappointment, I would not miss the Yak if the new mistery plane flies as well (including the 3D stuff), as long as it is not a bi-plane.

I can promise you that Chris wont release a product that doesnt fly well. IMAC or 3D. You dont need to worry there.
As far as an automatic transfer.... I dont know. I would think anyone on the list for a Yak would have first shot at the new plane(s)
Maybe he will post a response here to that ?