RCU Forums - View Single Post - Estarter Build Help
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Hellion179

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Estarter Build Help

Alright, I have the estarter with the 400. The manual says to insert the motor mount into the bottom slot, with the motor facing up. With this configuration, the plastic cowl(engine cover) will not fit. I sorta got ahead of myself on the build and already glued the mount in. With the cowl, I just cut it open a bit more to allow the motor to spin without binding on anything. Is there anything I could have done different?

Next problem, the props do not fit...No matter how hard I worked on it..it would not fit. I ended up having to get a piece of tiny sandpaper, roll it up, and sanding the hole. It barely fits on there now..What's the deal with that?

This is my very first plane. So I don't know how I'm supposed to set the prop up. THe way it is now, I have a nut behind the prop, and in front of the prop(they are actualy recessed into the prop), then in front of the prop I have two washers followed by the plastic spinner. Is this right?

All I can say so far is I'm very dissappointed in this build. I've flown a Raptor for a couple years now and its build was so much easier compared to this. I just hope that I'm doing all this right and that she'll fly :P Thanks for all the help.