RCU Forums - View Single Post - wat would happen
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 08:17 PM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wat would happen

ORIGINAL: tik

im correcting u now by sayin that electric rcs can have 2 7v sticks with out frying anything like the emaxx i think....my savage iz doin fine wit da 7v..but i broke my servo by hitting a car tire oops..
The electrics can use two 7.2v battries because there is electronic circutry in the rx and/or the ESC that limits the voltage to the rx and servos to 6v or less. It is, or at least was, called BEC which stands for battery elimination circutry and allows electric vehicles to tap the motor battries to power the rx and servos.
I believe that if you continue using the 7.2v battery for the rx that you will cause damage to both the rx and servos. Those components were designed to run on a maximum of 6v and you are exceeding that by 20%. The servos will be fast and strong....right up to the point the motors in them burn out.
But, hey, if you think you're good with 7.2v then it's your truck and your gamble.
But that does bring up the question about why you'ld ask what would happen if you know you're ok?