RCU Forums - View Single Post - H9 60 Size P-47 Thunderbolt-Build & Flying
Old 11-20-2005, 11:23 PM
quint-rcu
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9 60 Size P-47 Thunderbolt-Build & Flying

Completed mine with a Top Flite scale interior, guns, etc. I installed the elevator and rudder servos up front and ran golden-rods to the surfaces. A little shifting of the battery pack was all it took to balance right on the factory settings. Of course the cockpit interior did require relocating the servos, but it was no biggie. It assembled right out of the box with perfect fits all around (surprise, no belly pan fit problems). Test flew it today with a Saito .91 and the stock landing gears from our rough southern grass field. It flies like it's on rails, does smooth aerobatics and lands slower than any warbird I own. - More like a trainer... 3-point landings every time with excellent control all the way down to landings.

I think I just found my favorite weekend flier. Checked the gear after the sixth landing and all was perfect, but will keep checking them for a few weekends yet. Had to install pneumatics on a previous H-9 Corsair project and beef up the gear on their P-51 to use 3/16" wires, but these are a far better setup. Looks like Hangar-9 has read the mail...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30248.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	357978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96145.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	357979