RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 09:00 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?

I just received my Ultimate .46 from Raidentech. This little bipe is too good to be true for $120. A look inside the fuselage shows all laser-cut wood parts with perfect fit, glued with CA not hot glue. Nice covering job, painted fiberglass cowl, etc.. This airplane looks very, very similar to The World Models Ultimate .46, but the dimensions are a bit different (span and length).

One glitch: the wing incidence template shown in the (photocopied) manual was not included with the airplane. I called Raidentech and the guys on the phone were very helpful and a pleasure to deal with, but after some asking around the shop, they told me the template doesn't come with any of the kits. They sounded sincere and I tend to believe them, but who knows....

This parts are a pair of laser cut plywood peices that slide over the ends of both wings to hold them in correct spacing and incidence while you drill the center and wing cabanes for the attachment screws. It is going to be a real trick to do this without the templates.

Has anyone assembled this ARF?
Did yours have the templates?
Could you carefully trace them for me? I'll send a SSAE to you....

Or... has anyone assembed The World Models Ultimate ARF?
Could you send me a copy of the templates from that kit? I think they might work.

Or... if anyone knows a trick or technique for setting up biplane wings, I'd sure like to hear about it. I do have an incidence meter.

Thanks for any help, and Happy Thanksgiving,
desmobob