RCU Forums - View Single Post - PHOENIX Sukhoi .46 nose weight ????
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 08:07 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: PHOENIX Sukhoi .46 nose weight ????

Hey rcpilet, let me know where it is and how much it weighs. I've about decided that if you find it, I'm going to pull mine by going through the firewall from the front. There is a "hot air tunnel" in the lower middle of the firewall so I'm guessing they put a lead ball on each side of that slot area.

By the way, I've got an OS .46ax on mine and it's got a TON of power. I've flown mine at about half throttle most of the time so far and it has still been FAST at that setting. And it's vertical does not suffer because all it takes is pushing the throttle stick to do it. I'm planning on trying out an 11.5-5 whenever the weather settles down. I've only flown it with a 6" pitch so far. Actually, I've got 3 different 5" pitch props I've carved out of 12-5s and am itching to see work. I think at least one of them is going to be the trick for this a/c. It's a tad bit fast on landing and I'm just getting back into RC after years off. So I think the 5" pitch will be good. And of course, I'm still pulling the idle down as the brand new engine proves it'll run slower and slower on idle. Once upon a time I wouldn't be flying a new a/c with an engine that didn't have sufficient bench running to be dead reliable on a low idle, but times change.