RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 10:36 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?

Yes, mine has 0-0 for the two wings.

As for the engine.... I'm putting a .46ax in the little sucker and am frankly scared to death by the prospect of that MONSTER on that little sucker. Why would I do that? I got a .46ax sitting in it's box waiting for me to finish the next a/c, and the Ultimate is "the next" one. I plan to put together a Siren after the Ultimate and figure the Ultimate would be more appropriate to get the .46ax! Truth is, I've got a 20 year old OS .40 on a little Hots and a 20 year old OS .45 on my knock-around plane and figure to retrofit one of them into the Ultimate if the .46ax is too much engine. I was going to use the .40 right off, but decided to use the new one just to break it in. All three engines are around the same weight.

BTW, I'm putting a 35oz/in mini servo in the aileron hole because it's gotta push 4 ailerons and all the connecting linkage. I figure there isn't really much force on those short chord ailerons but there's a lot of linkage and 4 of them. I also am putting 1 ounce servos in the tray just because it seems right to use something slightly less than standards. Not any better reasoning that I used about the engine, but what the heck....