RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 11:15 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?

ORIGINAL: darock

Hey, I just went to the RaidenTech website.

Their Ultimate has got to be a World Models without the few doodads mentioned. Heck, the color scheme is identical. And looking closely at the details of the a/c.... it's the same all over. Jeez, and it was what? $30 cheaper? Nah, it was $40 less! You got a deal.

BTW, I would guess that the interplane struts would serve as a helpful guide to laying out your biplane templates.

And another suggestion......... I just came up from the shop. Last thing I did was knock the 3 blind-nuts out that hold the gear on the Ultimate. I've been a huge fan of nylon hold-downs since nylon bolts first showed up in modeling. <SNIP>

Looks like the wind and cold is gonna be with me for a couple more days, so tomorrow the Ultimate is going to get a lot of attention. It's really hell to be retired....
The Raidentech stuff is really inexpensive! I think the little Ulty was a steal. The trainer was a screamin' deal too!

I also use nylon bolts to hold the gear on my "rough service" airplanes. I even like to use the GEAR that's made of plastic if possible (the Du-Bro is tough and cheap... no more bending back bent aluminum gear!) and then attach it with plastic bolts. Works great on my SPAD Dominator, which is used as an airplane, hammer, prybar, etc.

Wind and cold, you say? I'm in upstate NY where the wind was blowing the snow around this afternoon. Four more months and it will start warming up again....

Good flying, and enjoy your retirement --just 12 years to go for me [:@]
desmobob