RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kangke Waco Biplane
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 05:58 PM
BULL-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kangke Waco Biplane

The L brackets with the slots are for adjusting the top wing incidence. Even with the slots I still had to put a small square peice of wood under the bracket to get the right incidence. If you have a meter check it when you are done. I had too much positive in mine and it wanted to climb or I had to put down trim to make it fly level. Thinking back I didn't glue the top wing I just used the bracket to hold it. I did use Blue lock tight on all my screws and red on the engine. I used hard wood dowels to offset my motor... Was easy to cut it and get the off set angle needed and used washers to get the depth.

Your First place engine will work great in the plane. If you know how or it is taped I would add smoke to your plane it makes the plane look incredable when doing scale flights with large loops ... hammer heads... Low passes... I used a B&B smoke system and it works flawless...

The wiring on the m sturts I just put tape arond them... I did the same on my DR-1. If your struts are red use Red electic tape works great and blends in real well. Wish I knew a way to hid the wires...

As far as the weight goes I never weighed it but I figure it must be around 15-16 lbs... Hads down my faverite plane right now...

I painted mine with latex house paint... Was very pleased with the outcome...

Good luck...

Great pics... send me some of your build...