RCU Forums - View Single Post - opinions about BME engines
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 06:44 PM
bobknudsen
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: opinions about BME engines

I have been dealing with Keith Baker for about 4 years and I have nothing but good things to say about BME's service. My first BME was the 102 which was in the first Hangar 9 Extra. When I crashed the plane I sent the motor in and he gave me the option of upgrading to a 105, which I did. I put the 105 in the Hangar 9 Sukhoi. It made a great combination at 24 lbs. I have never had a problem with the BME--I flew it until the wing exploded doing a snap roll. I fly with 5 different guys that all have DA motors and they all run great. We use to drag race alot, we would get 2 or 3 planes out their hovering and someone would yell go and we would all go to full throttle--the DA's would win. When I bought the 110 I put it in a Comp Arf 2.6 with canisters and it came out at 26 lbs. My buddy built a Comp Arf 2.6 at the same time using the DA with caniters and his plane came out at 28 lbs. After I had the 110 broken in, I took the plane up, put it into a hover, then excelerated straight up. All my friends saw it and after that no one wanted to drag race anymore. The BME would be the obvious winner. I love the 110, service has never been a problem. Twice I have had crash damage with an airshow or a contest the next weekend and I next dayed the motor to Keith and he fixed it and next dayed it back to me and I had the motor back in 3 days. My BME experience has been totally positive.

Big Bob