RCU Forums - View Single Post - Less than 400' and way less than a Mile
Old 11-25-2005, 06:43 AM
GAGE308
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Less than 400' and way less than a Mile

Hey Guys....Hope everyone had a great holiday...Quick question to lvspark and a suggestion to DEB1033...Lvspark...I was wondering if you could tell me the difference in flight or the main reason you use a Magpie wing on one of your slow sticks. I just ordered One it should be in Today actually just because it looks to be able to fly Through the wind a bit better..I appreciate your advice...DEEB1033. I have a commander 2..in fact..its the plane I learned to fly with..as far as a wireless camera on it it probably would work...but you would probably better be suited to use a bit bigger of a plane...If you want to stay with the RTF planes (as opposed to building a kit or making your own) I would HIGHLY reccomend the aerobird extreme...if you have mastered the commander2 then a few days of flying with the extreme would have you in control(once you start to use the elevator for your up and down control. The extreme will be better suited for carrying that extra weight.I use an onboard mini DV cam mounted underneath..I actually gutted my extreme and replaced all of the electronics with top notch stuff...JR - Reciever,servos..e-flite esc...It actually gave the Stock brushed motor A LOT More punch...I'v since started construction on a new custom extreme with a Powerful brushless motor and control rods(instead of lines and rubber band)...IF you get interested let me know I'll post some pics of it just email me at [email protected]. BUT if you decide to equip the commander 2 with a wireless cam I'm sure with care...you'll be able to get some decent footage if you have the right antenna and other equipment..Im sure Lvspark will be able to guide you in the right direction for that.