RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultrafly PC-9
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultrafly PC-9

I am going to pick up a digital scale today and find out what my total wieght is. I have a feeling it is going to be nice and light. I am using an electron 6 reciever, and hs-81 servo's. I didn't add any extra wieght anywhere other than paint. I even shortened my wire leads to eliminate as much wieght as possible. I made a CG stand by drilling holes in a 2x6 and sticking 2 new pencils in the holes, eraser up. I put a small mark on each wing 50mm or 1.97 inches from the leading edge right next to the fuse. I then tried to balance it upside down with the pencils on my marks With the battery installed all the way forward it wanted to tip backwards and rest on the tail. I carved about 3/4" of foam out of the front end and slide the battery forward, and it balanced just right. Maybe the diference is the 1500mah lipo is lighter, and you also have the wieght of the prop adapter way out front. Let me know if you see an error in my method of balancing the plane. I am still relatively new at this. Snow and wind is keeping me from flying her today.