RCU Forums - View Single Post - e-flite mini edge 540
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 01:11 AM
Sean McDonnell
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: e-flite mini edge 540

ORIGINAL: Get Real

backyard flyer did a review on the mini edge.. and its thumbs up/greg covey is in the process of doing a full review for RCU on the mini edge also. i think its gonna come down to set up as well as flying skill. i follow a few forums on planes i fly and theres almost always mixed reviews.. i atribute this to expierence and skill. usually in my short expierence the people who have flown large planes and moved to smaller electrics dont fair as well. just from talking to people as well as flying... the electrics seem to require a little more skill in the stability department do to there smaller size and harder time flying in higher winds.

"I atribute this to experience and skill" (your quote). You just happen to be right. It takes alot more skill to fly a $10,000.00 plane inches above the ground than it does to fly a $300.00 plane 30 to 60 ft. up in the air in circles. I guess that's the reason every review on the ME I've read has been done by novice pilots. They save the experts for the planes that fly well. In a couple of the reviews on the ME, the author comes right out and says they are novice pilots. Anyone knows these people HAVE to give the planes good reviews. Its thier clients like E-flight for example, who pay the advertising bills to keep the magazine companies in business. So don't think these reviews tell you the truth about how these planes really fly. If you want to know how they fly, read the reviews on these sights and watch videos of guys flying the planes. As fas as guys who fly big planes typically having trouble with smaller electrics, thats just hogwash. Watch the Etoc pros right here at RCuniverse and every electric pilot was flying Giant Scale 1st. All the best pilots in the world fly giant scale, not because they're easier, but because they fly more true to scale and they present better. I have no trouble at all flying smaller electrics. I love them. It's just the ME thats been a real dissapointment to me. The fact is however. thiers alot of sport aerobatic pilots who will like the ME because they're the pilots who keep thier planes flying fast. The problem with the ME is that you can't slow it down because its severely unstable.