RCU Forums - View Single Post - e-flite mini edge 540
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 01:47 AM
Get Real

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: e-flite mini edge 540

Sean/Could you please post the links to those reviews youve read. these are from your posts (All Your Quotes)I have an E-flite Park 450 outrunner in my Mini Edge and it has gobs of power. It hovers below 1/2 throttle post#102. I'm running an 11 x 3.8 slo flyer with the park 450 post #113. I've got over 3 oz. of weight on the front of the firewall post#127. I have the Park 450 and that isn't really enouph power for the Mini Edge. I would wait for the park 480 but I'm selling the Mini Edge because its an unstable 3D plane post#188. Anyways, I've decided to put my ME on Ebay and RCuniverse post#127.My ME is hanging up for sale at the hobby store. post#201. I'm beginning to realize theres a big difference between the foamies and a mini balsa like the edge. I love flying the foam planes right up close and was dissapointed when I realized I couldn't fly the Edge this way. post#129. I flew my ME with 3/8ths of elevator travel on low rates and full deflection with 90% expo on high rates. Once you get the plane dialed in and you're comfortable with it start adding in more throw for 3-D flight only. I never needed more than 5-16ths to 3-8ths elevator travel for regular flight and on low rates I still used about 40% expo. post#268(End Of Your Qoutes). These Are Only Suggestions.. your probally a little under proped/ the motor is 890kv and will swing a 12x6e apc no problem. adding over 3 ounces of weight to the nose is probally not only making the edge heavier its also probally making it more difficult to fly and making it hard to balance. thats like putting a 3cell 1200mah lipo on the cowl of the plane 3 ounces is what a typical 3 cell 1200 weighs. ive flown with and without expo... i prefer to have more control and quicker reaction and fly with out expo/some people swear by expo.. you didnt state if its positive or negative expo ? just a Suggestion try flying it on low rates with out expos and gradually reduce expo on high rates. first off id get the plane balanced to your liking/i prefer planes a little tail heavy myself. unless you can drastically lighten the airframe as well as its components the edge will not float like the yak54f or be as forgiving or stable.. key being the yak54f has more wing area and is around 7-10 ounces lighter depending on set up. this is the difference between foamies and built up arfs of similar size... its totally weight to wing area. the e-flightline link above shows how well the edge can be flown with proper set up and a expierenced highly skilled pilot /go to video section. any plane can be a handful if you havent flown it before or dont have it set up properly. i hope this helps you sincerly.