RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 05:44 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?

ORIGINAL: darock

I'm really interested now in the way the aileron connection system for these .46 size Ultimates is done. I've actually plotted out the connection on paper (because I didn't build it on the a/c) to see just what it'd do to the ailerons and I'm amazed by what that shows.
I'll snap a few shots of mine later on, although I didn't use the stock control horns. I have epoxy curing on a TwinStar wing on the bench right now. I did use conventional horns -shortened-, not the proper type for linking biplane ailerons.

I've read in another thread about a CG error on WM's part in their Ultimate's instructions. I read this AFTER I balanced my generic Ultimate (using the supplied copy of the WM instructions). It finished up nice and light (4 lbs. 6 oz.) but I had to add three ounces of lead to the tail to balance it per the instructions. I was fretting about how dreadfully heavy the tail felt when I was moving it around the bench, then I read the CG error thread. I ended up removing half the lead I stuck on....

Good flying,
desmobob