RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 08:24 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?

ORIGINAL: desmobob

ORIGINAL: darock

I'm really interested now in the way the aileron connection system for these .46 size Ultimates is done. I've actually plotted out the connection on paper (because I didn't build it on the a/c) to see just what it'd do to the ailerons and I'm amazed by what that shows.
I'll snap a few shots of mine later on, although I didn't use the stock control horns.
I just checked out the movement, and the differential isn't enough to see. I put a control surface travel gauge on the upper and lower ailerons and was able to measure some differential: the top (driven) aileron lost about 1/16" of up travel and gained 1/16" of down travel. This is using small nylon control horns cut down to the first (lowest) hole, mounted between the ailerons - on top of the bottom aileron and on the bottom of the top aileron.

The way I figure (guess) it, any differential would just equate to a little extra drag, right? Some bipe models only have ailerons on one wing....

ORIGINAL: desmobob
I've read in another thread about a CG error on WM's part in their Ultimate's instructions.
ORIGINAL: darock
I think I've posted in that thread about that "error". Near as I can tell, the balance point suggested by the instructions is not in error.
I thought the other guy checked it all out using your figures and decided the WM people forgot to allow for the wing sweep. Anyway, the thread made me nervous. I'd rather maiden mine nose-heavy and put lead in her aft afterwards, if necessary.[8D]

Good flying,
desmobob