RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 08:32 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?

ORIGINAL: darock

I did use conventional horns -shortened-, not the proper type for linking biplane ailerons.
<SNIP> ...truth is, it's dead simple and cheap to make "horns" for these aileron connections. And they're better and stronger and lighter. And the components are probably lying in your scrap box "in disguise", so the cost actually would be moot.
I was going to whip up a proper set but ended up not bothering. I want to see how this little bipe flies. If it shows promise, I'll buy another kit (probably the WM version) and really do a careful assembly with an eye towards construction details and durability. My last little bipe (SIG Ultimate Fun Fly) became my most-flown model because of its convenience and great flight performance. There's a chance one of these little Ultimate ARFs will take it's place.

I have a nice new Dave Patrick Ultimate with a Saito 1.50 very carefully assembled and ready to fly. That will be the benchmark of flight performance (but not convenience in transporting to the field!).

Good flying,
desmobob