RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do I need a servo programmer for digital servos
Old 11-30-2005, 03:26 PM
redfox435cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do I need a servo programmer for digital servos

needing pcm reciever to use digital servos is BS. In fact there is no differance between PCM and PPM recievers. the only thing PCM does is hold position or go to a predetermined position with the loss of signal. There is no differance in the way the signal is broadcasted or decoded. It's still an FM carrier in (PPM it is a digitally replicated FM carrier) with a 1-2 ms digital pulse signal riding on it that tell the position of each channel

as far as the digital servo thing. It's the servo. I've never liked Hitec anything. they have always been the cheap altiernitive with the quality to go with it. People swear up and down about the quality. the only thing I see better in quality is thicker rubber gromets. Inside they'er junk. There bare basic HS 311 is OK for basic use like retract air valve or throttle. I've had 3 Hitec micro servo flat fail, and have had the same bad centering with the digital servos.

If you have JR stuff get JR digitals If you have Futaba Stuff get Futaba Digitals. I got 10 futaba 3151's and they are great low level digital servos.