RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Twist 3D
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Waldopepperaxel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D

Hey Twist Lovers,

Just thought I'd give you an update on my last day of the season, It snowed and now our field is unaccessible, but we are moving anyway so all my planes are being held up in storage at a fellow pilots house, actually,, the very pilot who almost hit me during a landing, the same guy who I was flying formation with and we collided (The story was a couple of threads back)

We had a blast our last morning out, putting the twist through every tormenting trick I could possibly think of, anyway during the 3rd flight of the day we again were messing around together and it was finally time to come in, the Tinman was piloting the tiger to a landing and the Twist was following him in about 50 yards back, when the wind turned his plane into a knife edge about 10 feet from the ground, when it came flying right at us We all had to kind of dive out of the way, well so I thought anyway, but when I looked backed up, the Twist was gone [] for it has went down in the in the horse yard, and then the cracking of the Tiger went in behind all our vehicles, when the smoke had cleared we lost the Tiger II and the Twist, The Twist wasn't too bad, luckily it was slowing for a landing at impact, busted the fuse in half, The back elevator and rudder and the wing were in tact, landing gear ripped out, the canopy was torn off on one side and the pilot Homer Simpson ejected safely and was sitting about 3 feet from the plane, No horses were injured, The Tiger was considered totaled but rebuild-able.

So it was a fitting dramatic ending to the season, I never thought I'd smash up the Twist because of another plane flying at me, [X(] especially after all the close calls that were encountered doing the stunt stuff,, But totaly my fault, I should have been flying high and straight while the other pilot was landing in a high cross wind, I'm glad we have the people we do in our club, They all have a great sense of Humor, because if you don't expect the unexpected in this hobby your gonna be in a bad mood most of the time, Again, the saying we live by, is the stupidest thing is going to bring your plane into the ground, so be prepared to laugh about it and rebuild. I have to say we all laughed pretty hard for a while on that one, the good news is both planes will be repaired over the winter and back for more fun as soon as the field thaws..

Until then I will be sitting on the edge of my seat living vicariously through all you guys who can continue to fly, Flying my Flight sim's, creating new planes, rebuilding old ones, and feverishly awaiting the 1st flight of the Twist next season. Have fun, and if you can think of it, DO IT !!! the Twist can handle it all...