RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Help Needed!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 11:13 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D Help Needed!!!

That is kind of a hard question to answer. Everyone has different preferences on what works for them. I am sure that you will get some good ideas to start at and then fine tune from there.

As for how I set up, this is how I did my 3D planes.

CG I set up to where when I fly inverted the plane does not loose alt. If it does I keep moving CG back till it flies the same both upright and inverted. Also do lateral balance and get that set to.

Engine mounting I as right thrust to where I don't have to fight with right rudder when in hover. Add or remove as needed.

As for servo rates I use high and low rates. I first set low rates to recommended settings maybe add a hair more to get better response. Then set up expo to where it feels safe and stable to fly at. On 3D rates I set my throws to as far as it will mechanically go. Then I hold the stick in 1/4 movement position and hold, then flip high and low rates back in forth and watch the difference. I keep adding expo until where when I flip to high and then to low rates the travel does not move when i flip back in forth. This way it flies nice and tame in my normal flying position then still have extreme 3D throws at max stick movement when I need it. I do this for both ailerons and elevator. For the rudder I use very little expo.

It would be easier for me to show you than to try to put into words on here. But hope this helps you out and gets you going.