RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Help Needed!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 11:18 PM
somethin else
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D Help Needed!!!

As with any plane you start flying with the reccomended CG. As you get comfortable with the plane you move the CG aft till you get the slow flight characteristics you like. Once you are comfortable flying the plane you can up your throws. (I set up my planes for 3d flight when putting the plane together and dialing down the throws via the radio) You want 40-60 degree throws on your surfaces and anywhere from 50-75% expo on the sticks. Each plane is different but those are the basics. To get the 45° throws with the best mechanical advantage use the biggest servo arm and control horn you need to get the job done. Don't use a standard servo arm and connect your pushrod to the lowest hole on the control horn. It may work fine on a .40 size plane but will cause lots of problems in bigger planes (flutter, stripped servo gears). You may want to start your 3d stuff way up high but that can hurt you in the long run. Start your 3ding at 50-60' high so you can see the plane and react to the plane fast enough. Too high and you will miss the small "signals" the plane gives you to correct the manuver you are trying to do.

hope this helps,

tim