RCU Forums - View Single Post - recommended battery for 7 servos
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Flyfast1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: recommended battery for 7 servos

I actually have 8 servos, not 7 in my Hurricane--I forgot about the throttle servo.

I guess what can be taken from this thread is that it depends on what type of plane and flying are done and how many flights one wants in a flying session. For my warbird application, the control surface movements are small and slow--I aim for smooth flying. I also have a 4*60 with the same battery and have experienced the same voltage levels. I do some aerobatics and IMAC basic routines, but don't go all out all the time. So, for these planes and setups and this type of flying with up to four flights per session, the standard 600maH pack seems fine. For applications where the throws are greater or the style of flying is using the servos a lot more or where more than four flights in a session are desired, it probably makes sense to consider a larger capacity pack, perhaps a 1000maH pack. This is also with standard analog servos. If you start using digitals that generally consume more power, then upgrading the receiver pack makes more sense.

Good thread, interesting topic.

-Ed