RCU Forums - View Single Post - PHOENIX MODELS F-20 TIGERSHARK ?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 01:58 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PHOENIX MODELS F-20 TIGERSHARK ?

Have Blue:

Yea, just about any oversight, not matter how small seams to creap up on you when least expected. Does not take but a few moments to self destruct when one blade comes off. Was fairly common event a number of years ago when the Top Flight nylon props were heavly used.

You seem to be going through it with that spinner. Have a little problem with using CA to ballance a the light side of a spinner. Would rather see you grind at the heavy side. Think the CA would eventually shake loose. Most of the spinner out of ballance problems I have encountered have been the recent Great Planes brand and some of the related cheaper units from China. They have been improving, but still have a way to go. They appear to be a cast and then turned system rather than machine cut from bar stock. I still occasionally buy a GP spinner when thats all the HS has, but pay the price in time to ballance the thing. When going to turn something above 19,000, I tend to stay with what I know will not blow up. Blowing up is unusual for any type, however have seen a few through the years usually associated with the unlimited guys.

Ordered my www.matneymodels.com- Animal Zoomer Monday, will be two to 3 weeks in coming. Its under their Q-500 section and a very interesting sneaker design. Sort of a cross between the Q-500 and formula, said to be as quick as either. Its a little over the top for club racing, and will use it only as a backup. There was a lot of sniveling when I received the 1st place overall for the year again, and the usual threats to bring something faster to the fray. Gonna probably have more of a tough time this season, but that part of the fun. The real fast stuff brought out is usually a Dust or Shrike, and they do scoot with a good engine. They usually make one heat and go splat in landing or takeoff or just into the ground around the turns.

Anyway, enjoy grind that darn thing, I am going back to the skunk works and work on my 60 sized racer for next year. Will provide some pics as things go along. Must get out a piece of poop Cub a fellow clubber brought me to cover befor starting the racer in earnest. Its by far the worst framing job I have ever seen. Would have been faster to give me the kit, have 3 full weeks into correcting bad problems prior to starting to cover and then still find junk. Such as it I when doing for others. See ya