RCU Forums - View Single Post - JT Racing MT2
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 02:53 PM
ppacy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JT Racing MT2

PJ, suprisingly I only broke 2 driveshaft s so far and none of them by running the car. I broke one by overtightening the wheel!!! and another by a hi speed crash right at the corner of a brick wall (that crash also cost me the a-arm and wheel hub).

I run without a shell as I am still trying to tune that hyper engine (nightmare compared to the CEN one), but I can get the ST shell to fit by placing hi on the mounts. I also use a Hammer body by Proline made for Savage trucks. I bit longer and wider but still a nice fit. I'll try to post some pics later.

The carb linkage is working great but I spend a long time to get it to work. I replaced the receiver/battery box to get some clearence, lowered the throttle servo by cutting the plastic posts, rotated the carb and used linkages from whatever I could get my hands on.

I used to run it with the CEN pipe, but it wasn't letting the engine give it's full potential. It's a different beast with the hot bodies pipe, and much louder too.

I should thank you for all your posts, and everyone else too, as all the upgrades are due to the advice I got from the forums. (You don't have to post questions as long as you search and read the threads, hehehe).

Right then, the kids have gone to bed, so I'm off to get the damn thing straightened again.