RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm sick of MAAC
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 11:48 PM
r/cnerd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm sick of MAAC

Well I hate MAAC because they are stuck in the past. I don't need some silly newsletter in the mail, and it's irrelevent to me anyway since I don't care that much about what a bunch of other flyers did over the last while. It's stupid that guys flying big gas ships are classed the same as park flyers. It's also stupid that there is no coverage for park flying even when it is legal. People might say that it would be too expensive to insure park flyers due to the risk but if there was a specific definition of what could be flown where, a good compromise could be reached. "But people will just break the rules" you may say...but if they were found to have broken the rules than they could deny coverage...simple. For example rules could allow flight of planes less than 15 oz., 7 cell or 2s lipo maximum, and require a rubber spinner. Combined with updated safety rules and allowance to fly wherever it is legal, a whole new generation of MAAC members could be created. oh yeah ...the membership needs to be like $25 or something!!

When a newbie plonks down his hard earned 150$ for a firebird or something there's just no way he's going to buy a $100 membership to some club. This means he doesn't get help. This means he's likely to find the hobby too challenging and drop out....

THe days of big gas planes being the only option are done. (of course they are great too, just less beginner friendly+cheap)