RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airplane mags: do you buy them?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 03:52 PM
wsmalley
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Airplane mags: do you buy them?

Many interesting comments. Of all the mags I've seen, RC Reports seem to have had more content-at least that interested me. Looking at the forums here maybe one can get some idea of what's 'hot' these days. The jet guys seem to have mags directed to their interests. I think 10 years ago, MAN had more worthwhile stuff to me. I thought 'Fly RC' would go in a different direction, but seemed to try and offer a tidbit for everyone. I am frankly sick of reading about 'Park fliers'! Even watching a few episodes of the DIY channel RC show bored me, all directed toward the guy who never saw an RC model. Look at the forums here and you find guys with years of experience and tons of knowledge. Granted there are the 'newbie' questions-I ask a few myself, and learn something each time-but I think this has become a high dollar, man's hobby. I don't think you can have a plane, with everything, for under $500. I went with several club members to a high school 'technical' class a couple of weeks ago. I spoke about UAV's,video, and A/C electronics. Only had one question- from a female in a class of 40 or so. I don't think kids today have any interest in RC unless it can turn on a cell phone or MP3 player.