RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airplane mags: do you buy them?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 04:19 PM
rcfury
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airplane mags: do you buy them?

Wsmalley: Amen my friend. I agree with everything you say. Im a manager at the local hobbytown and it is really hard to sell an ARF to some people. What you STILL have to buy the radio and engine. Oh no, i cant do that!!!! Granted working at the hobbyshop i read all the magazines. So i dont do the subcription thing. Model Airplane news i used to enjoy reading but, reciently it has fallen somewhat. AFter reading a fellow club members RC Report I just had get myself a subscription. I really enjoy the unbiased reviews of planes and some pretty good building tips.
Our flying field is actually located on a large piece of property owned by the boy scouts of America which we dont pay rent by the way. In return we just need to attend some boyscout events or functions and put on a show. So kids and parents could get some buddy box action. You should see the look of the huge smiles on some of the scouts. It is priceless. We also do a merit badge clinic for the avaition merit badge and the space exploration badge since our bylaws include launching of model rockets. Hopefully our contribution and presense could interest more people in the wonderful hobby of RC Planes.
Sorry if my rambling got a tad of topic but, i personally think the magaizines are swooping to an all time low to intise some more of the beginner crowd and to hopefully spark a new interest in to model airplanes.