RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-Starter prop and power question
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 09:55 PM
AJ1202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Starter prop and power question

OK don't do that
Also I found out if and or when you go brushless you have to change ESC again to be compatible with motor, brushed 2 wires, brushless 3 wires
OK for water break in, it's very simple but also important, explanation, when a motor is new the brushes are flat and the armiture is round, when the motor runs it generates sparks, it takes a while to wear the brushes down dry and that puts a lot od carbon in the motor armature.
OK get some distilled water(this is important) tap water contains iron and other bad things, then using a D cell batt hook up your wires using electric tape or duct tape, making sure the motor is turing in the right direction, in this case the red dot on the motor will indicate poss. hook the motor up and start it running then ease it into the glass of distilled water and let it run, now some say let it run untill the batt dies but I don't agree because I used a energizer and found it ran all night and was still running the next morning []. so now I time it for 1 hour, seems to do the trick. This method of break in allows the brushes to wear into a pattern gently so when you fire it up for the first time in the pane you are getting almost complete efficiancy from it.
be sure to dry it out good and put a drop of oil on the bushings at front and back
couple building tips, if your interested, set the ailerons for small amount of throw, this thing turns great with minimum amount. use sub micro servo's if you can, I used standard micro's but will most likely change them. the directions are not accurate about the front mount for the wing, or it just reads wrong or something, you want the plastic peice with the holes on the fuse and the pins on the wing, you'll see what I mean, it leads you to think the barbed part should bee ont the fuse to spur the wing to hold it on. I took one of the extra pushrod tubes and ran it on the opposite side of the fuse from the elevator tube and ran my antenna wire through it, keeps it out of the way and secure inside the fuse. Theres more but I don't know how far along you are so I'll stop here