RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-Starter prop and power question
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 08:55 AM
pox67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Starter prop and power question

Thanks for the water break in info, if I can get the motor out of the front of the plane I will do that. Problem is it is already glued in!

Servos: I think the Spektrum DX6 comes with sub micro servos. They are S75 servos, 7.5grams
The wing attachment took me a while to work out and after reading a few posts I decided to go with the bamboo and rubber band setup. It seems screwing the wing down can rip out a lot of foam on a bad landing/crash.

I am almost finished, just got to add the landing gear and the radio equipment when I get it.

I did some strengthening by adding clear packing tape top and bottom of the wing and the fuselage. After reading the tail wheel can rip out the tail/rudder when landing I decided to go with a balsa tail skid instead until I am comfortable with landing. I strengthened the ailerons with tape as well as they seemed kind of flimsy, the elevator got a bot of tape as well.

Nice looking plane you made, mine won't look so good as I'll just put on some of the included decals...I fully expect it to look like frankenplane after a few flights

Thanks for the tips AJ1202.