RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need some info on Sig 1/4 Clipped Wing Cub Kit .60-.90,86"
Old 12-15-2005, 06:38 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some info on Sig 1/4 Clipped Wing Cub Kit .60-.90,86"

I have the kit and am getting close to starting construction. Here are my thoughts.

1) If you want a 100" wingspan purchase a larger kit. This would give you the increased fuse width to accomadate the G-26. This fuse is far to narrow and the plane itself is overpowered with a 120 4s.

2) This kits one piece wing is a big one at 86". I plan on building the wing in three sections, center, left, right. Some have already succesfuly completed this mod. Information is here http://www.thecubden.org/ for about the best one. I plan on doing mine totaly different, but I have a lot of experience.

3) This is a builders kit! Lots of wood and blocks, sanding, cutting out of parts and so on. But in my opinion that is why we purchase kits. My view is I got more enjoymnet for my hobby dollar.

I might be encouraged to do another cub build step by step on line. Would that interest any one? I plane on competing in sport scale with this model and use a 120 4s with the Hazel Sig paint sceme.

JEB