RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airworld is now available in the US
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 10:03 PM
allanflowers

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RE: Airworld is now available in the US

After a pretty thorough search, I will state this is NOT a historic design, therefore the assertions on the AirWorld site that it is a "scale" model are FALSE. That has nothing to do with a copywrite dispute between the German and the Italian guy.
Secondly, if AirWorld purchased manufacturing rights to a stolen design, then they may find themselves in the middle of an authorship dispute afterall.
John, I have always enjoyed and been impressed by your incredible photographs. They are truly fantastic. How would you feel if you found your photo images being sold for profit by someone without your approval?
I would assume that Airworld had no idea that this was happening and may have been victimized too, if the Mirco allegations prove to be true - which of course is still undetermined.
Allan

ORIGINAL: John Christensen

Hi Allan,

I don't know the story behing the R3, if plans excisted or not.

My response was to the "scum" remark. The prototype/manufacturing rights was purchased by Airworld from German company STO. So, therefore it would be highly unfair to say that Airworld stole the design. And, if this Italian guy designed the model, how come no model ever came out of Italy. Sounds fishy to me,

In any event, the plane is available and looks and flies awesome. And, if there are any copyright questions, it is a matter between the Italian guy and the company who sold it to Airworld. I will have the first R3 kits here in about 4 - 5 weeks. Will post an online build when we get one started.

Thanks