RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting a Kyosho Half 8 Buggy!
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:06 PM
MaximuM*AltitudE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting a Kyosho Half 8 Buggy!

One weak point that is really giving me trouble is the stock knuckles. The "kingpins" are really short pan head screws with a ring around them. they screw into the top and bottom of the knuckle, but with brushless they lasted half a lap at the track. They strip out and just fall apart, leaving me looking like an idiot in front of everybody. I'm hoping some aluminum ones with a little lock-tite will cure the problem. That's the only weak point I've found, otherwise this little buggy is amazing! It jumps pretty good, handles a lot like an 1/8 scale and looks awesome. I ditched the stock elecs and went brushless, so the aluminum motor mount is a must as the stock one twist and warps out of shape, and you will need oil shocks. I bought the 3Racing ones for $25, front and rear, and they work very well. Bearings are a need upgrade too. The stock bushings wear out real fast, and drag down the car's runtime. The Hitec HS-81mg is a good servo for this buggy too. Other than that, I think any other hop up is just for more durability or just eye candy.