RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seriously now, can it take off or not? What do you think?
Old 12-24-2005, 12:12 AM
Dart373
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seriously now, can it take off or not? What do you think?

ORIGINAL: PowerPlay

The belt controls the speed that the wheels spin , not the airplane. That is one of the misleading parts of the question. To some people the question appears to imply that the plane is held back by the conveyor belt somehow , but it simply does not state that. It does not say that the plane is prevented from moving foward in any way, manner or form. You are being tricked by the wording, read the question again, very carefully.

Maybe it is just me but I am beginning to let this rediculous thread get to me....
We said Airplane, not powerhouse 3D plane with huge prop... So.per the original question
1-The Airplane( lets say a Cessna Caravan single engine scale plane for giggles) is on the belt.
2-You said the belt will always match the wheel speed....If this is the case, then you just said no matter what friction, the belt will always hold back the plane(belt speed is now 37,000 mph)
3-You never said anything about friction on the wheels... they will make friction. At some point in time, YOU WILL EXCEED THE SPEED of the plane with belt speed. ALthough maybe 2 million mph belt speed.. it can overpower the wheels, or at least match them as asked before.

I may regret this, but you guys who say it will 3D on the belt, sure it will fly, all that crud, need to reread the question! The belt will hold it back ! At least you said so yourself in the quiz.... you said the belt will match the damn plane speed/wheel speed.

If you said belt mph =Wheel mph, then thats one thing, make very different wheel size and then your belt speed/wheel speed is matched, but the mph of the plane is positive ground speed... ?

So for whoever asked this question, get in a 50 mph stall speed airplane and go into a 50 mph solid smooth tailwind and let me know how hard the trees are at the end of the runway.... Oh wait, if the runway was only a belt...:ee k: