RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reaction 54 Jet Kit
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 10:52 AM
gbjets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reaction 54 Jet Kit

Hi Pete

I'm also building an R54, I'll do the same as Mike, who by the way did an excellent job on his and use Bruce's color scheme. It was the best kit I ever built in all aspects, the manual was easy to follow, the material was of the highest quality and Bruce's service is quick and friendly. I came up with an easy way to drill the wing dowel holes and would like to share it, I know it's too late for some but it might be useful for other projects. As you can see in the picture, it's a very simple tool, all you have to do is drill a small hole the size of the piano wire at the end of a drill bit, I used 3/32in. but you can use just about anything. Make the hole approximately 1/2in deep, surprising enough a bit is easy to drill, at that end anyways. Use a propane torch an silver solder the piano wire into the bit, it took me five minutes to make the tool and only a few seconds to make two perfect hole. Steady the bit by holding the end with your fingers, I couldn't show it while I was taking the picture. I was also very impressed at Quinte by John with his R54, he also stopped at our local club on his way home, he amazed everyone.

Gaston Boissonneault
Hanmer
Ontario
Canada