RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Lipo Burn - Pictures! Another WARNING
Old 12-27-2005, 10:44 AM
TManiaci
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Lipo Burn - Pictures! Another WARNING

ORIGINAL: U-dUd
I realise some will blame the 5 amp rate or cell imbalance perhaps but I am wondering how it got from 8 minutes to 22 minutes as 5 amps at 8 minutes is only about 700 mah.?? the display shows 1756 and 22 minutes.
Yea, it said 22 minutes... I put up the first posting "... after about 8 minutes..." because that was my estimate. Indeed, I believe it had charged for 22 minutes when the hissing began. You know how you lose track of time.

I take full responisbility for the cause. Just a stupid mistake. However, I will say this charger is inherently dangerous, by virtue of the auto-sensing feature and the dial-based current setting. I rarely use the Astoflight charger, and use my Triton 90% of the time. The Astroflight was purchased to charge our big 5S2P batteries. I was using both chargers so we could hurry to go fly. Keyword... hurry...

I am fairly sure the Triton would never do this, as it clearly has better safety features. I know I have mis-set charge rates on that one before too, but it won't let you do naughty things... it complains and won't start the charge cycle.