RCU Forums - View Single Post - Digital camera in scale models!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 02:16 PM
mR JoLLy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Digital camera in scale models!

Dan, Paul thanks for the input here. Sorry for the delay, I have had problems with internet access today [:@]

Lets answer some questions from Dan first:

1. What is you definition of "good quality" pictures?

If I were to say the Blip camera would possibly be slightly disappointing, but just on the edge of acceptable. I would prefer to be up at the 4 to 5 mega pixel area.

2. How much would you like to maintain a scale cockpit?

The entire cockpit will have to be scale. That gives us just over 4” from the rear cockpit to the centre of the camera lens. Most of the area behind the cockpit will be available, but the air tank will need to fit below.

3. What is you power plant going to be?
Power will be a Laser 1.80 spinning a 19” or 20” classic master prop.

I can immediately see the advantages of the blip camera ie easy to install, but I think I would be disappointed by the results at just 2 M pix.

To give some more info on the MKXI PR Spitfires: All guns and cannons were removed to make way for fuel tanks, they had retractable tail wheels which gave them an extra 5mph or so. Imagine you are over enemy territory and your only defence was speed! What metal these pilots had! Besides the oblique camera there were 2 standard cameras looking downward to the ground for mapping large areas of the ground. Typically taken as high as 20,000 feet. Attached is a picture taken with the oblique camera. Look at the text to understand more!

Back to the camera. Please pass further comments.

JoLLy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99141.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	376376