RCU Forums - View Single Post - "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 03:44 PM
trpastor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Hey Rusty Schackleferd

I understand your concerns as far as getting parts and this is a major concern, but part of this thread is to hope for new suppliers to become "Visible" to users by means of this thread.

And also - the more people get them, the more support there will hopefully be (out of competition) and prices will stay competitive.

I know you can get parts for them at http://www.redcatracing.com/vehicle_...m?vehicle_id=1

I think they are a little overpriced here but perhaps will come down with other sources for parts becoming apparent.

I've heard they are 90% compatible with other makers like Kyosho (as it was designed around this model) but hopefully some others can relay their experience as to whether or not this is true.

They are vague details at this point but you'd be surprised how easy it is to get parts now for the smartech even though a year ago when the thread was made, no one could give a staright answer on that.

Anyone else know where to get parts for them at cheaper prices than redcatracing?

PS - I wanted to edit this in - thanks for asking politely and not just in a bashing way - and also at my LHS they only have so much. You break the wrong part and you have to wait a week for them to get the part in too. I can get some of them as fast (and without driving 10+ miles) online for the smartech.