RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 10:46 AM
jamie_duff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

Hi M2, I'm not sure I understand you.

Is it the trailing edge of the fin you want to see, or are you looking for a section view of the rudder as these are the only ribs I can think of that needed profiling....

If it is the rudder ribs you mean then mine are almost straight. This would appear to be the case according to my 1/48 scale plastic models and some 1/72 scale plans I have.

Note I haven't added the horn to the rudder yet nor the trim tab or nav light. Similarly on the fin I haven't added the 1/64" ply to the trailing edge for shrouds yet and probably wont until the fin is fitted to the fuselage. Need to go figure out my aileron linkages now I've opted for a near-scale horn setup

Just shout if you still want pics. (Hosting space is limited so I wont post any until I'm sure I'm posting exactly what you're looking for!

Hope my retracts come soon......

What engine are you going for? I'm almost certainly going for either an RCV 91 or 120. My P-47 was built at the top end of the engine range and is drastically over powered. Infact I don't think I've ever used full throttle, so maybe the .91 would do me. On the other hand the 120 will drive a bigger prop.......... (and is 250g heavier!!!) I planning to run my exhaust through the fuselage and out the radiator outlet. Have seen it done but it will means the fuselage stays in kit form until I buy the engine! Also hoping to move the fuselage servos fwd to clear the cockpit area - just in case.