RCU Forums - View Single Post - "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 07:29 PM
j-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Thanks for starting a himoto thread. I finally got my cyclone running today. To cool! I still don't know if I've got it tuned right or not. Probably not but I finally got it to break without stalling. I cheated and cut down the spring on the throttle pull rod and now I have to bring the engine to idle manually on the transmitter. There just didn't seem to be enough adjustment on the pullrod to allow the engine to idle while the breaks were applied. It would yank the air intake completely closed every time I tried to break. Oh well none of that matters anyway now cause affter a couple hours out in the field I ran the dang thing smack into my house and broke the right front lower arm. I appreciate the info on ordering parts cause I was looking for the arms on dinballrcmart.com, which is where I got the car in the first place, and they seem to have parts for every type of car but the one they sold me. I would offer to search for himoto parts but I allready know that Himoto doesn't come up much in any kind of internet searches. When I was shopping for rc's the only other place I found Himoto's at all was on E-Bay. So I'll order my pull rod and front arms and after I'm back in business I'll post what I learn about this little Himoto as I learn it. Thanks again! P.S. I fully agree on the initial price issue. I'd still be crying if I had payed anything near $400 to $500. My himoto started out "ready to run" at $150. The only extras I needed Were fuel and a glow plug ignitor.