RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:09 PM
RCMustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

(1) I hear a lot of negative things about the CJM retracts, the need for JB weld to keep wheels fron toeing out and too weak, to name a couple. Whats your opinion?

(2) Do you know the power output of the YS 1.10? I've searched Ys and Tower. Niether give a H.P. rating.
(1) My CJM retracts were very solid. My major complaint with them were that they were too stiff causing too much stress to be transferred to the wings. I did have a machinist friend of mine do a minor mod to the axles to help them hold on a bit tighter. I only had to use locktite to lock the axles on. Remember, I never had a landing with them. I only did a few taxi tests and they held up well.

(2) I have no idea the power of the YS 1.10. I only know that the serious pattern and aerobatic pilots in my club swear by them. Some of these guys compete at a fairly high level. I trust their opinion. They claim the YS are reliable, light, and powerful. I would bet a YS 1.10 is at least as powerful as the OS 1.20 and certainly more powerful than the Saito 100.

No problem with the crash. I build them so I can fly them. Yes, I was disappointed, but the experience was worth the ride.