RCU Forums - View Single Post - F6F Hellcat ARF (China Model Productions)
Old 01-05-2006, 03:40 PM
mpriestley
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: F6F Hellcat ARF (China Model Productions)

I have had the hellcat for 3 years now, I put the RCV 120 with a solo prop 3 blade prop, robart retracts with oleo's, on board glo. I LOVE THIS PLANE.

I took the time to beat it up a bit so it looked even more scale and I painted the decals on instead of the stickers (huge difference in appearance) the plane flies great, very scale and fun. I get so many compliments from this "ARF" it is hard for me to admit that it was an ARF.

just throw away the hardware (screws etc... ) it is all crap.

You will not be dissapointed with this plane IMHO.

ps. I have had 2 hard mid-airs and I have come home both times under heavy damage but this is a tough bird. the other planes involved in the mid air.... were not so lucky.

Damage: 1st time the vert. stabalizer on right side broken and bent down and back, elevator on that side, chopped by propeller and just torn up.
2nd. time, fist size hole in the fuze just behind the wing, flap completely shot by prop, and vert. stab again broken away from fuze and bent back and down. during the mid air the other planes propeller entered my fuze and cut the rudder control rod. plane made it back to the runway and will fly again on Sat.

my 2 cents.