RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP F-14 Tomcat
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 11:42 PM
TomcatDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP F-14 Tomcat

well here it is,.. the start of my new and much improved GP Tomcat. For starters the kit tomcat was a little on the lean side,...so I made all the central formers the same size as F2,..which with the balsa doublers being reduced from 3 -to 2- then to one,..it still gave me the amount of curvature needed for the tail end formers. next I wanted the main U/C to be located where the real tomcats is,..so I shifted them to the outside ,..thes then gave me the room i needed for the external fual tank (DummY). next,.. I wasn't happy where the wing was,..either the tail had to be shortened or the wing moved back,..so the lesser of 2 evils,..I moved the wing back 6 cm's not to much but just enough to enhance the tomcat look. I will be keeping the forward part of the wing where it is,..so this will also give the tomcat look. next I have decided I want a 12Oz tank,..so because of the wing position and the amount of space available to me,..I have decided to move the tank back 2 formers this will help when it comes to CofG, next I have decided to move the nose U/C back,..it looked to far up front for my liking,.I suppose this is what kit bashing is all about,....anyway enough of the long winded post,..here's the pics,.. .......If people tell me it can't be done,..I will try and prove them wrong,..besides,..if you can get a "Lawnmower" and a "Stop" sign to fly,..then why not a kit bashed tomcat!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85307.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	381926