RCU Forums - View Single Post - "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Xeller8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

My brother has a powersports dealership and has recently expanded into the world of gas powered R/C cars and trucks with the Redcat line....although they seem to be a pretty decent car for the money...the one thing I would like to give a heads up about is the controllers that are included with them....

Yeah...it is nice to buy a 1/8 Hurricane XP ( I now have one) for almost HALF of what you can buy the Kyoshos that these were copied from and they they say these Redcats are "ready to run"...but...I have to say...the controllers that come with them are merely a token gesture to be able to make the statement "ready to run"...as far as I can tell they are JUNK....this is not a slam...just a fact....we had tons of problems with my nephews (he also has the 1/8 Hurricane XP) and a friend of his has one of the trucks and his controller doesn't work AT ALL...I myself...well...I haven't even tried mine yet...I am going to go get a better controller before I even begin my break in and attempt to tune it...

I would like to reassure everyone who is buying these buggies that they are a pretty darn good car for the money...but I feel the first thing anyone should do is to go get a quality controller first and foremost....I don't think it will be possible to get these things dialed in to top performance properly without a good radio controller...it's highly possible that the included controllers could be at the root of many of the problems I have read about...

Just my opinion...do with it what you will!