RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone using Polk Tracker III for FH Sailplanes?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:47 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Anyone using Polk Tracker III for FH Sailplanes?

The mid'fancy JR setups have a glider specific mode that supports the whole enchilada. It's on my old JR347 so I'm sure it's on the follow on descendants. The instruction manual leads you through the steps of programing the fully featured 4 servo wing.

My newer RD6000 Airtronics also has a rather large chapter in the manual about sailplanes but I admit that I have not read it yet. When I was looking at the radio I scanned the manual just enough to know that it was "fully featured sailplane friendly" and stopped there.

Sad to say I found out it uses digital trim levers. These are toggle switch types rather than positional trim levers. If I had bothered to ask I would probably have steered clear of it. On any glider the elevator trim should be considered a major flight control and as such a positional lever is a must in my books. To emphasise this all my Tx's that are used for glider flying have the elevator trim lever extended by drilling and threading in a 1 inch 2-56 screw to extend the lever and make it automatic to find on demand. THAT is how important I think a readily used elevator trim is for gliding.